We have experimented with opening the sanctuary for in person services a couple times over the last couple of months, and the leadership and deacons have decided to move forward with remaining open for in person services! (Services will also continue to be live streamed via facebook and zoom.)
Opening up for in person services still comes with some risk, so for the time being we will require a reservation (go to https://rsvp.church/r/k4mXZzxi to rsvp) and adhering the the best practices regarding Covid-19, such as temperature taking at the door, mask wearing, and social distancing. When the weather cooperates we can meet outside with a little more freedom.
We are blessed by the discernment of our leadership and deacons in this the decision making process. Your health and safety have been our utmost concern.
When it comes to church events this year we want to err on the side of caution and prudence. Thus we feel unable to securely offer our beloved annual Christmas Cookie Sale. To help fill the gap in our operating and missions budgets, we have developed a special holiday gift magazine called FIGGY PUDDING that members and friends can purchase and give as a Christmas keepsake. FIGGY PUDDING is a 24-page magazine crammed with holiday wit and wisdom, tradition and lore, fun and games straight from the heart of our church.
Figgy Pudding is $10 a copy. You can pick up your copy at church on Saturday Dec. 5th from 11am -3pm. If you purchase 4 or more copies, we will personally non-contact deliver (within a reasonable distance). We can also mail your copy if you add $3 to your payment. Payment by PayPal or check only. Use the link below. Please indicate “Figgy Pudding Magazine” where it says, “Add special instructions to the seller:”
Contact Sarah at email@example.com with any questions.
Coming soon… FIGGY PUDDING! A special Christmas magazine brought to you by West Bloomfield Congregational Church. 24 pages of wit, whimsy, memories, reflections, recipes and more! This will make a great gift! We’ll have ordering information very soon.
Service on The Lawn this coming Sunday, Aug. 23rd
You MUST RSVP by 3pm on Sat Aug. 22nd with the family name and number attending in your group so we can plan accordingly. RSVPs will ONLY be accepted via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Worship will be at 10am, outside on the front lawn.
• If there is inclement weather predicted, we will make a cancellation decision by Saturday afternoon and communicate it via email, website, social media, and the Remind app.
• For those who cannot be there or do not feel comfortable attending, the service will be live-streamed as usual at 10am on our Facebook group page.
• When you arrive, please follow the guidance of the greeters for where to sit. Your family group will sit together at a safe distance from other groups.
• Masks and social distancing will be required. We will have extra masks if needed. Seating will be distanced to the recommended 6ft between individuals and/or family groups, and we ask that you bring-your-own seating (chair or blanket).
• At this service, the basement bathroom WILL be available for use.
• Hot dogs, hamburgers and chips will be available after service (for FREE!) Please bring your own beverage.
We look forward to seeing you, masks and all, as we have missed you these past many months. If you have any questions, that were not answered above, please feel free to reach out to the leadership team by emailing us at email@example.com